Staying Healthy! Stay Active!
Sports electives, recess blocks and regular PE classes provide multiple outlets for students to exercise their bodies as well as their minds. Our student athletes build their skills, self-confidence, and teamwork as well as school pride. Go KBA Lions!
Our students stay active during the day by:
- Joining the walking club around KBA’s soccer and softball fields during recess
- Shooting hoops
- Running an obstacle course in the gymnasium
- Climbing and swinging on our state of the art playground equipment
After school you will find our kids participating in:
- Basketball (our teams compete against other private schools)
- Soccer Club
- Track and Field
Phys Ed Happenings
Kellman Brown Academy Physical Education
The Physical Education program at Kellman Brown Academy instills in students the skills and confidence needed to live a physically active and healthy life style while helping students discover and develop individual talents and athletic abilities. There is an emphasis on teamwork and sportsmanship throughout daily activities.
Pre K – Gan:
- Focus on developing gross motor skills, such as body movement and awareness, directions, balancing, fitness, catching and throwing.
- Group games and activities. Examples, students participate in games such as Four Corners and Ant Eater. They navigate through a number of different obstacle courses and complete a variety of relay races.
1st Grade- 8th grade:
- Sport skill sets that are taught and played throughout the year include soccer, basketball, tennis, badminton, ultimate frisbee and baseball/softball.
- Middle School participate in fitness testing. Students run a timed mile, do a PACER test and perform as many push-ups and sit ups as they can.
LOWER SCHOOL INTERSCHOLASTIC SPORTS PROGRAMS
- Soccer Shots (Preschool-8)
- Track and Field (4-8)
5TH-8TH GRADE INTERSCHOLASTIC SPORTS PROGRAMS
- Basketball Teams
- Basketball Clinics
- Track and Field Team
- Soccer Shots